The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of cintura
1(of body)cintura femininetalle masculineI'm watching my waistline — estoy guardando la línea
- Simply enter your weight and waistline measurements, the body shaper's built-in microprocessor will then automatically calculate and accumulate the burnt out calories.
- Irish waistlines are expanding - half of the population is officially overweight and one in eight is obese, a 30% increase since 2000.
- It's an ideal option for the growing number of drinkers and clubbers who are keen to watch their waistlines.
- Nutrition information on menus moves us one step closer to smaller waistlines and healthier hearts.
- Measuring around my non-existent waistline and…… hold on a minute, this can't be right.
- It's quite clear to me that television plays a significant role in our expanding waistlines (especially for children).
- At the moment, the only noticeable effect the walking has had on my size is on my waistline (my stomach in particular seems just as large as ever).
- Schlosser believes the damage wrought by fast food companies on America is even deeper than adding inches to the national waistline.
- When dieting, a person adopts certain procedures to reduce body flab and improve the waistline.
- For me, low-rise jeans are a godsend because they help lengthen my waistline and give the illusion of more balanced proportions.
- How can utopians dream of changing the world when it is so difficult to lose an inch off one's waistline?
- The bottom of the pack should rest in the curve of the lower back and should not sit more than 4 inches below the waistline.
- You can have a lower cholesterol count, a lower percent of body fat, a smaller waistline, a lower heart rate.
- Show off your individual style in tailored jackets that trim inches off your waistline.
- ICS workers will be offering information leaflets tailored to men's cancers while visitors can also get weighed and have their waistlines measured.
- Six months after the procedure, these patients had an average weight loss of 5 pounds and a 3-inch decrease in the waistline.
- Those who received a 20-mg dose lost an average of 20 pounds and trimmed their waistlines by three inches in one year.
- A well-fitting bra can make a real difference to your shape, lifting your bust away from your waistline and making your body look longer and slimmer.
- Keep track of your weight and your waistline, because improvements in weight or waist measurement can reduce your risk of getting diabetes.
- For this reason, body fat can be as important as body weight when you are trying to reduce your waistline or change your lifestyle.
2(of garment)talle masculine
- What caught my eye first was that he was wearing a jacket with a waistline seam - not a full-blown Norfolk jacket, less obtrusive than that, but in that class.
- Necklines are going down and waistlines going up!
- We love the tailored waistline and flared skirt.
- I have just bought a pair of jeans without a waistline.
- Remove the pattern pieces and staystitch the waistline and any curved seamlines.
- Always remember to remove your belt from your slacks before hanging them; this will prevent the waistline from distorting.
- Ease the pants waistline slightly to fit the waistband.
- Her baby blue tee stopped a few inches above the waistline of the jeans to reveal her slender back.
- Instead of darts, gently ease the waistline to the waistband for the most flattering fit.
- Areas on a knit garment where you want to eliminate stretch include: armholes, shoulder seams, waistlines, necklines and zippers.
- The trousers have an enormous waistline that is loose around him and rise up to his chest when he sits.
- A Basque waistline, or any drop-waist style that angles downward, will lengthen a short torso.
- The house is best known for coats, and this season they introduced a new style with the waist cut high and a fuller volume below waistlines.
- The asymmetrical pullover features a mandarin collar, a six button front opening and a buttoned window pocket, all above a raised waistline seam.
- A suit with gathered fabric across the waistline can create the illusion of an hourglass figure in a woman who would like to look curvier.
- The waistline seam at the center front may need to be lowered, tapering it back to normal at the side seam.
- Dresses of printed chiffons and drop waistlines often with shoestring camisole style straps will feature strongly.
- Sew six to eight more buttons - evenly spaced - on the front waistline seam for added interest.
- Pear shaped women tend to have bigger bottoms so choose garments that have easing at the waistline with soft pleats and gathers.
- The middle tapered into a slim, V-shaped waistline, and the collar was the square-cut neckline that was currently the fashion.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!