Learn English Grammar From A–Z
retirada en señal de protesta(from talks, meeting)
- We have had a massive rejection of the pay offer and there have been unofficial walkouts.
- They know this would probably lead to solidarity walkouts and a wider strike.
- There were walkouts of council workers in neighbourhood offices around Birmingham.
- The Herald strike follows a series of walkouts by journalists and printers over the last three weeks.
- Dawn picket lines were set up Monday following a weekend walkout over pay.
- Before the game, players staged an impromptu walkout to protest ever-rising salaries.
- Shier was eventually removed as managing director after a series of staff walkouts and national protests.
- The proposed cuts were met with mass walkouts, first by public sector workers and then by the rest of the Argentine unions.
- Refuse collectors in Coventry staged an unofficial walkout on Wednesday of last week.
- Pupils staged a walkout in May to protest about teaching standards.
- Austrian workers have staged three mass walkouts, the biggest strikes in the country since 1945.
- For the past five weeks, the workers have staged walkouts, placed bans on overtime and worked-to-rule.
- Journalists in New Zealand are either on strike, or are planning walkouts over work contract negotiations.
- The walkout was provoked by a monitoring system BA wants to introduce.
- We need to seriously discuss college occupations, mass protests, and walkouts and strikes to stop the war machine.
- We were fortunate in that the day afterwards the council management called a meeting at which someone suggested a protest walkout.
- The delay comes as protests, including walkouts by hundreds of students opposed to the takeover, have mounted in recent weeks.
- Rival DaimlerChrysler last month struck a deal with trade unions, but only after its plans had prompted walkouts and protests.
- Ahonen described the walkouts on April 27 as ‘demonstrations’ rather than strikes.
- Civil servants announced their campaign against an imposed pay deal with unofficial walkouts and will be balloting for strikes next month.
abandono del trabajo como medida reivindicatoria(strike)