The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
adjetivo waxier, waxiest
1(substance) parecido a la cera(substance) ceroso(complexion) amarillento(complexion) céreo literario
- Sodium is a silvery white metal with a waxy appearance.
- Frostbitten skin initially turns red, then it takes on a whitish, waxy appearance.
- They were passing through a grove of low trees now, with drifts of creamy blossom and the waxy green leaves of citrus trees.
- His yellowish-white jowls drooped, giving him a waxy appearance.
- Although he was still warm to the touch, he had a waxy appearance which suggested a lack of oxygen.
- Kipflers are wonderful, waxy, yellow-fleshed potatoes that were first identified in Germany.
- In another salad, waxy redskin potatoes with a deep, earthy flavour were served warm, along with a poached egg, on a combination of leaves and vegetables sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- It continued with a thick steak of char-grilled tuna, sitting on a warm, waxy potato and anchovy salad, the heat of the fish wilting some pert baby spinach.
- Also known as the Jersey Royal, this is a waxy salad potato famed for its distinctive flavour.
- Dishes of sliced waxy potatoes baked with cheese are popular all over the Alps.
- A police spokesman said the fake notes can be identified by their feel, as they will appear limp, waxy or shiny, unlike regular notes, which should be crisp.
- It has big balls of bright orange flowers and large waxy grey leaves, but because it won't tolerate temperatures below about 15-degrees Celsius, it will only grow in a glasshouse this far south.
- If you find a white, fluffy, waxy material on the undersides of leaves or in the leaf axils, your plant has mealybugs.
- The waxy white flowers of citrus fruits are produced from January onwards, with many varieties having a delicious fragrance capable of filling a small conservatory.
- He'd lost a lot of weight and his skin looked grey and waxy.
- A favourite flower for the bouquet's centre was the amazon lily, which had white waxy blooms.
- Their faces were waxy and pallid in the glow of the torchlight.
- There, among the white waxy flowers, she saw a small, snow-white moth with grayish hind wings.
- Their faces were waxy, white and drawn, their eyes open and blank.
- Cholesterol is a white, waxy substance found in all animal tissues.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!