The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(while, on the other hand)mientras queen tanto que formal
- She's the one who is moving on whereas her parents are stuck with the story, are stuck in the past.
- He lived through his era, whereas so many of his friends died in racing accidents.
- Nanjing has also in the past been the capital of China, whereas now Beijing has that role.
- We have natural light whereas working underground we had artificial light.
- Berti wants as many of them as possible, whereas I deliberately minimised them.
- Now that's brave, whereas sitting here with cancer, typing a magazine article, is not.
- A nonalignable difference is that a bus has a schedule whereas a bicycle does not.
- Someone in prison is still able to contribute something to society whereas someone executed cannot.
- The supernatant was kept in stock whereas the residue was sequentially extracted three times.
- The port was well fortified and defended, whereas the Vendéans had no siege train.
- This measure of right and left has not changed in hundreds of years, whereas specific policies have.
- We can make this in minutes; whereas previously it would take hours to make this part.
- At the beginning of this debate Stephen said that he thinks that he is a positivist, whereas I am a Platonist.
- A dark room will trigger less light, whereas a bright room will drive more light output.
- To the north, the second lava unit is by far the thickest, whereas the older unit is only 2 m thick.
- The Arctic is an ocean basin with peripheral continents, whereas the Antarctic is continental.
- It was based on polar coordinates whereas earlier instruments were based on cartesian coordinates.
- Her car had been found on the Yorkshire moors, whereas she'd reappeared about fifty miles from there.
- It is possible for the non-bidding team to win the game if they reach the target whereas the bidders are still below it.
- Cooking for me is like putting on a show - I like to improvise, whereas Nicky is much more precise.
- Negligence depends on a breach of duty, whereas contributory negligence does not.
- Thus Mr Smith is now the respondent to this appeal, whereas Mr Clark was the claimant below.
- The desks have damaged the walls, whereas a more appropriate choice could have prevented such damage.
- The restoration procedure is discretionary, whereas the challenge to the forfeiture is not.
2 formal(since)considerando quepor cuanto
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!