The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of becada
nounplural woodcocks, plural woodcock
1becada femininechocha feminine
- On the one hand, you have the uplands: home to the ruffed grouse and the woodcock, the ringneck pheasant, the bobwhite quail, and just possibly sharptail grouse and Hungarian partridge, too.
- And I was not wrong; wild boar, stag, chamois, deer, and other ‘trophy animals’ are all to be found in Bulgaria's rich and varied countryside, along with birds such as partridge, woodcock, pheasant and quail.
- The 16 paintings in the British Birds in Watercolour exhibition at Nunnington were completed over the past year and feature game birds grouse, partridge and woodcock as well as kingfisher, robin, whitethroat and tawny owl.
- Thus, he lists as noblest the meat of turtledoves, starlings, doves, quails, pheasants, blackbirds, woodcock, partridge, and chaffinch.
- The principal game birds of Britain are grouse, partridge, pheasant, plus woodcock, pigeon, quail, and various wild duck and marsh fowl.
- Feeding behaviour was most interesting, the bird rocking its body rhythmically up and down like a woodcock and as if on springs.
- Raymond has shot a pheasant and a woodcock, tripling his one-grouse tally from the morning.
- The estate extends in all to some 5300 acres and offers some classic red and roe deer stalking, woodcock shooting and excellent brown trout fishing on a number of hill lochs.
- My parents had an American woodcock calling and displaying on their back lawn.
- A businessman used to controlling his investment portfolio has no control on the spring salmon run or the flight of the woodcock.
- Wild birds that might be acceptable alternatives for William include woodcock, wood pigeon, partridge and grouse.
- Apart from the grouse and the woodcock which gives the hill its name, it's a very important habitat for the hen harrier, which is very rare.
- In addition to slaughtering grouse and woodcock he found time to play in the estate's annual cricket match against Strathmore, scoring a modest nine runs in an innings of 303 for nine declared.
- No, I'm bent over double thinking what my bag limit on woodcock, snipe, rails and other game birds would be.
- Tapping around my rooted limbs and grounded chest, a circus of quail, woodcock, and mallard perform.
- Willow tit numbers have fallen 78 percent, woodcock by 74 percent, and song thrushes have more than halved.
- The woodlands behind the house provide the habitat for roe deer, pheasants, woodcock, and pigeons which form the basis for a small rough shoot.
- And this time of year, there is tons of game: snipe, hare, woodcock, pheasant.
- A traditional raffle with a dozen prizes such as brace of pheasant, duck, woodcock or rabbit, was held to raise funds for new cages.
- The nightingale and woodcock have completely disappeared.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!