The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1de mucho mundo
- Their recovery periods are a lot quicker and they are a lot more mature and worldly-wise.
- It also appeals to defeatists, cynics, and worldly-wise men who are not prepared to try to change the system.
- These guards were surely worldly-wise and shrewd, but they were clearly not educated to the same degree as the scribes and Pharisees.
- And a more balanced, mature, worldly-wise young man you would be hard pushed to find.
- Where East meets West, the old is new, the young are worldly-wise, the wilds are pristine, and the 20 th-century shadows of war are giving way to a hip and happening 21 st-century place to find peace.
- Oxford, after all, is home not only to what is a generally worldly-wise collection of minds but also to numerous eco-friendly student bodies, Green councillors, leading academics and the Environmental Change Institute.
- Those who came to scoff remained to praise as allegedly worldly-wise hacks marvelled at the Queen's serenity and, according to one, her ‘dazzling smile’ and ‘engaging small talk’.
- We need to be more worldly-wise and for referees to be more strict.
- Educators must be careful not to distort or prejudice the reality that is presented to students such that they are making the students narrow-minded and naive as opposed to broad-minded and worldly-wise.
- Ironically, the most fully-rounded woman in this picture is young Natalie Portman, playing a worldly-wise 13-year-old, who has a crush on Willie.
- This isn't to say that they would just accept that the world is a nasty place and therefore be less optimistic; they could just be as happy as we were, but with a more worldly-wise attitude.
- Dwight, the worldly-wise American submarine commander, puts her right.
- His left foot can still carve routes through opposition defences and, if some of his speed has gone, then he is also more worldly-wise than he once was.
- It is perhaps the vast amount of travelling they have done to different parts of the world that has made this couple worldly-wise.
- As ever, human happiness requires the skills of both the worldly-wise economist and the passionate scientist.
- He found elementary students were both worldly-wise and keen observers of the adults around them.
- But because he wrote in a plain style and assumed this worldly-wise tone, he's quite out of fashion.
- For years we whined about being the supporting characters on television shows: the wacky neighbor, the snippy coworker, the world-weary yet worldly-wise florist, the dog walker, the minty banker.
- At first she's quite immature and naïve but she thinks she's really worldly-wise.
- Wouldn't you expect these people to be articulate, clean-cut, and worldly-wise?
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!