The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(dilapidated)(shoes/clothes) muy gastado(car) inservible
- At the same time, the older, worn-out tools further damaged what little agriculture was on.
- Gabrielle works at nights washing car windows, and owns nothing but a pair of jeans, a couple of jumpers, a hat and a pair of worn-out shoes.
- At a party, I met Todd, another solo walker, and we were soon comparing the worn-out soles of our shoes.
- From their sun-tans and worn-out sports shoes, one could see the traces of a long journey.
- So next time you start to throw away a worn-out pair of shoes, remember the millionaires with their walls of art in need of restoration and reframing, and consider having them resoled.
- His clothes were moth-eaten; a raven-black suit, a discolored vest, his breeches that matched, and worn-out shoes.
- She sat at a cluttered desk, full of papers, test tubes, and what seemed to be an old bologna sandwich, but looked more like one of those old worn-out shoes donators are always trying to give us.
- But how often have you seen men slip up and wear derby shoes with worn-out jeans, or even casual loafers with suits, for example?
- When there was no response, he gave an aggravated growl and tromped to the kitchen, his heavy shoes thudding on the worn-out tile angrily.
- I contributed some scarves, a pair of worn-out oxford shoes, and an old vest.
- Bare and worn-out patches can also be repaired now.
- I have never, in all my years of being involved in the industry, seen such a cross-section of worn-out, broken and abused leather.
- She shivered and began to pull up the thin, tattered and worn-out blanket over her head, while the cold damp air tickled her feet.
- Vintage jeans are usually worn-out and frayed in strategic places.
- The living room contained two couches, both worn out and with patches sown into them.
- They pointed out that many of the children in the picture wore shoes with holes in the toes and worn-out soles.
- Across from the courtyard were several shabby stone buildings reflecting the moonlight with their worn-out walls.
- Volunteers there find a use for everything from used chip fat to damaged CD cases, old canal lock gates and worn-out cement mixers.
- Damaged or worn out equipment will not protect you properly.
- A simple act of replacing damaged or worn out auto parts can go a long way in extending the life of your Mercedes Benz as well as in restoring its original luster.
- He appeared to be older than he actually was, gaunt and tired, worn-out and thin.
- Instead he comes across looking like a lazy, tired, worn-out Premier.
- Saying yes to everyone only makes you tired and worn-out.
- There was a tired, worn-out old lady at the box-office looking up at the movie poster and saying to the ticket-sales clerk, ‘Will it give me back my sense of wonder?’.
- He also felt extremely worn-out and drained of all his energy; he barely possessed the strength to even move, let alone rise to his feet.
- He looked completely worn-out and exhausted, and his eyes were shadowed.
- It seems like you've been feeling kind of worn out and exhausted - like you just can't get enough sleep.
- Behind me and before me were men just like me; weary, worn-out, some wasted, all eager to once again open the door to home, family and familiarity.
- She'd come home from work completely worn out, but never too tired to tell us how tired she was and to divulge her secrets to success.
- Players can and should work when physically worn out; however, they can't learn when mentally exhausted.
- Entering this small port by ferry from Dar es Salaam is certainly an unforgettable experience, never failing to make the most worn-out traveler eager to explore this ancient port.
- Japan used to be the place where worn-out American players went to die, but with expansion, those American players can continue their mediocre play right here in the States.
- Two nanoseconds later, a wild-eyed worn-out woman in a polyester ‘Hippie’ Halloween costume confronts us.
- So whether you have back or neck ache, are feeling stressed, worn-out, in need of a detox or simply want a bit of pampering, Gillian will tailor-make the massage to meet your needs.
- We should get some worn-out celebrities and have a rally.
- With Blair breathing down their necks and Clinton whispering in their ears, the worn-out politicians finally agreed to do as they were told by the men from Whitehall and Washington.
- Sleep-deprived, worn-out adults can barely care for themselves, let alone an active, needy child.
- The American Red Cross said it needs 40,000 additional volunteers in the next few weeks to replace worn-out relief workers helping Hurricane Katrina victims.
- That is the sort of in-your-face political correctness that most of us are worn-out on.
- She looked even more worn-out than ever, with her youngest child clutching her hand, tugging fiercely on it.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!