The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de gritar
1gritarchillarto yell at sb — gritarle a algn
1(order/reply) gritarto yell abuse — insultar gritando / a gritos
- Mr Singh chased the man out the door and yelled at him as he ran off then got in a car.
- We were then greeted by a loud thud against the door and a very loud voice yelling at us.
- At one point Marie yelled at me to shut up because she wanted them to all come back next week.
- Dom yelled louder than he should have while he pointed to a girl in the middle of the remains.
- They yelled that I should throw them a line, so that they might drag me in to the shore.
- My first instinct was to protect Susan so I yelled at her to run home and call the police.
- One time comes to mind when a girl was at the bar constantly yelling and screaming.
- How is that possible when I could hear some woman down the hallway yelling all the time?
- Estrella heard a voice yell out in surprise that was followed by a laugh of unexpectedness.
- How many times had I yelled and screamed at him over the years we'd known each other?
- All over, everyone was yelling and shouting and jumping up and down like maniacs.
- You're in the middle of the field, and they're screaming and yelling and all excited.
- One is yelling into a mobile phone, demanding to know why the taxi firm won't pick up groups of more than six.
- The car made a U-turn, the men in the car yelling and gesturing angrily at me.
- Cleo hit back at him and tore at his arms with her nails, kicking his as hard as she could and yelling even louder than before.
- Islanders goaltender Chris Osgood comes out of his crease and yells at the rookie, his anger obvious.
- The average woman yanks more hairs in a lifetime than the AFL and yells louder than Fiona McDonald.
- Are you one of those players that yells at questionable referee calls or yells at your own teammates when they make a mistake?
- Rohan Merry, who was driving the car, said he heard his friend yell in pain and turned to his side to see blood pouring from Andrew's head.
- Suddenly, he heard his friend yell and the team swerved left.
- The final written product from such a topic is an invigorated piece of writing where every single word leaps out from the page and yells at you as loud as possible.
1(shout)grito masculinochillido masculinoa yell of pain — un grito / alarido de dolor
- a yell of laughter — una carcajada
- to let out/give a yell — soltar/dar / pegar un grito
- to give sb a yell — darle / pegarle un grito a algn
- In his mind, he can hear the screams and yells of men as pain and suffering gripped them.
- The man let out a short, sharp yell of pain and dropped his arm to cover his wound.
- She put her arms agaist the wall and put her head down and let out a loud, long yell of frustation and fear.
- With a yell of surprise, he turned to find Louise standing behind him, a big grin on her face.
- Halfway between anger and pain, his yell begins as a firm shout but falls weakly to the floor.
- Brian's screams and yells of pain and help echoed and echoed throughout the night sky.
- We chatted for a bit, then I heard a loud yell and we went to explore upstairs.
- Those in distant suburbs undoubtedly heard her yells of pain and misery.
- Carter yells through the loud yells of delight and the resonant music.
- With a mighty lunge Barth managed to land a solid kick on the creature's side, and its sharp yell of pain tore through the air.
- Suddenly, there was a sickening crack, followed by a loud yell of pain.
- The sharp yell pierced the walls and a loud echo erupted from them.
- I got a loud yell in response - something about him waiting for a 150 mb file to be emailed to him from one of his clients.
- Loud shouts, yells, and laughs ran from the tavern and out onto the street, disturbing the town's late night silence.
- Screams of pain, yells of anger, crashes of metal on metal, blasts of magic, and snaps of armor or people all ran across his ears at once.
- There came a sharp yell directed towards the six newcomers, and Tamora swiveled her head in its direction with dismissive interest.
- Eliza made a loud yell from the other side of the room.
- Loud yells and screams deafened Laura from any sound.
- Surprised by the sudden yell he lost control of the car for a moment and swerved onto the other side of the road causing a car coming in the opposite direction to blare its horn.
- I gave a loud yell of indignation when the book was wrenched from my hands, and I looked up to see Alex staring down at me, amusement glittering in his stormy eyes.
- a yell of laughter — una carcajada
grito para animar a un equipo(cheer)
- The sounds of their feet stomping forward and their assorted yells echoed in the gym.
- The head official finished as yells and cheers erupted from the people in the high boxes on the wall.
- At least three poker games were in session with yells of victory or groans of loss that shook the walls.
- As they finished their last song, I rushed up to talk to them amidst cheers and yells from the crowd.
- The Fort Charlotte players and fans, let out yells of delight as the side took full control of the game.
- The yells and screams continued, rippling down the grandstand to the finish.
- They began to shout yells of victory as they watched the Unions retreat.
- He looked into the crowd, first to the left then the right, all the while letting his people idolize him with cheers and yells.
- This, coupled with the frenzied yells of the supporters, makes even the most mundane fight a thrilling event.
- No cheerleaders here - the Aggies have five yell leaders who lead yells.
- And then Ben's match began, and it was him I cheered for instead, my yells sounding hollow even to my own ears.
- Across the territory, beaches were filled with the thud of drum beats and the yells of participating teams and their supporters.
- As the fight prolonged Makeba grew tired of running and at times stood his ground to exchange punches eliciting yells of approvals from the crowd.
- Most of the Toro-ke were there, and the cheers and yells and catcalls and whoops made by everyone nearly knocked Maeya over upon their descent.
- With three guards behind him, the man called Ryuma Kakounji gaited up through the cheers and yells from star-struck commoners and fans.
- In their dug-out, the occupants were shouting for the referee to blow for time. Their supporters were poised for the celebratory yells.
- The gym erupted in yells and hoots and whistles.
- With all those cheers, yells, and the occasional moan when a favourite player is out, just when you thought he will score another 50 or 100.
- After a while, I heard a loud noise, the mixture of two hundred cheers and yells as the graduating class concluded their ceremony and celebrated the beginning of a new chapter of their lives.
- The terraces that for years echoed to the cheers, yells - and sometimes boos - of generations of proud Manchester City supporters are fast being reduced to dust.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!