The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1I haven't been there for yonks — hace siglos que no voy por allí coloquial
- The shop that stocked such items closed down yonks ago.
- It was another black day for the blue-blooded Fraser clan, which is still in denial after losing its Highland estate yonks ago.
- I was back at the bar at this point watching the proceedings when I spotted someone I knew from yonks ago.
- We'd made a double batch yonks ago so we had to put some away in the freezer.
- If a robot-child, many yonks into the future, were to ask me what was ‘hip’ in the 00's, what would i tell them?
- The hunger has been there for yonks.
- I thought the lead paint on toys story had been settled yonks ago.
- Why on earth is it called Magdalen Street when it's yonks from Magdalen?
- The carpet had been there for yonks and people had commented on it.
- How come it takes a biography to bring this to light, when we've all known about this for yonks?
- Adam from Soccer accidentally reminded me that it's about time I did what I've been meaning to do for yonks.
- There are books i've been meaning to read for yonks, but somehow haven't got down to
- In the USA of course, prisoners have been disenfranchised in many states for yonks, and it is considered normal.
- Many plants have medical application, and have for yonks.
- I have been hounding these lads to come on tour with me for yonks, and with the complete band finally in the country, it is time.
- I like these guys, and as far as I know they haven't done anything for yonks.
- Ruud van Nistelrooy is about to make his first appearance for yonks.
- There are yonks of solo shows with good buzz.
- Analysing Lawson alone will take yonks, and I need help.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!