The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de entusiasmo
1(gusto, relish)entusiasmo masculinobrío masculinohis performance lacked zest — le faltó garra a su actuación coloquial
- zest for adventure — gusto por la aventura
- he lost his zest for life — perdió las ganas de vivir
- Physically, he looks no older than any man who will be 70 in February, but the spark, the MacLeod zest for life, has painfully and obviously gone.
- The eleven-year old retains his zest for the game and he responded gamely to Ruby's urgings and stayed on well to beat Frezenium by three lengths.
- The five-year-old has become a celebrity since her rescue from a Ukrainian orphanage, her zest for life and beaming smile winning her many friends.
- The writer, it said, had been nicknamed ‘The Energizer’ by fellow inmates because of his boundless zest for life.
- The daily grind of life, a demanding family, death of a young, pretty niece due to cancer and no steady job has not diminished his zest for life.
- I would say that the real reason for her longevity is her zest for life.
- I'm now filled with a sense of youthful naughtiness mixed with zest for life which I always get when I see evening through to sunrise.
- Her zest for life drew others to her, and she embraced them warmly.
- Chris was a beautiful, hopeful person, full of zest for life, full of caring for other people.
- Who said the Conservatives had lost their zest for conflict?
- Sadly when Barbara died in 1982, Frankie lost his usual zest for life.
- Minimum wage steals from you; it steals your youth and your zest for life.
- Betty Ford's zest for life and country ethos of hard work and helping others is obvious from the outset.
- Hastings described her friend's infectious zest for life and her great sense of humor.
- His zest for exploring new horizons made him choose neurosurgery at a time when the specialty was unknown in Asia.
- The freedom struggle and his zest for social service forced him to plunge into politics at the age of 17.
- We all have fond memories of Sharon and her zest for life and we hope that such memories will in some way console those who mourn her.
- He was a big man in every sense of the word who always lived life to the full and even during his many years of ill health he never lost that zest for life.
- His obvious zest for performing shone through as he superbly sang his way through hit after hit from his number one album Justified.
- Baldev has taken the move from biology teacher to Head of IT in his stride and demonstrated his zest for teaching along the way.
- zest for adventure — gusto por la aventura
2(piquancy, flavor)sabor masculinosazón femeninothere's no zest in the game if you cut out the risk — el juego no tiene gracia si se elimina el riesgo
- In fact, the emphasis on sex and its supposed sin can actually give the whole thing an atmosphere of wonderful piquancy and zest.
- Tiny strips of lime zest added an occasional extra tang to the mix.
- Velvet brocade, print and lace added extra zest to some jean styles.
- Adding zest to the play will be its music, which would include Indian instrumental with choreography by Vrinda Kapur.
- The choir master and choir sang beautifully, children gathered around the Holy Crib to sing their carols, and the brass band added zest.
- The fact that McCain had been portrayed by a home state newspaper as a vindictive philanderer with a volcanic temper only adds zest.
- Add lime juice to zest up the papaya's lack of natural acidity.
- A new breed of beefy bike has added zest to this week's motorcycle show, says Nicholas Rufford
- If we can learn to observe these flowers, we will be adding zest to our lives.
- She wasn't home, and that was a shame because it would have added some zest to an otherwise rather dull story.
- In an attempt to add zest to the lineup, the carmaker ran a series of risqué minivan ads, including one hinting at wife-swapping.
- Bold colors and big foliage add tropical zest to summer gardens.
- It's as hilariously overdone as everything else in Mortal Kombat, and adds lots of extra zest to the battles.
- They are bright and energetic, and they will add zest to the college.
- The superb instrumental soloists added zest to the musical proceedings.
- The brief hiatus from Test cricket hasn't added too much zest to his bowling, but it seems to have revitalised Javagal Srinath the batsman.
- The silly, high-pitched voice samples add a little extra zest to the already heated battles.
- Supposing you have recently been bordering on boredom, use this opportune session to add more zest to your existence.
- Direction by Michael Lembeck adds zest and the appearance of camp icon Debbie Reynolds is the icing on the cake.
- If you want to carry your drink savvy around, bring along a vermouth sprayer to add some zest to your gin.
3Cocinacáscara femeninopeladura femeninoadd the grated zest of one lemon — agregue la ralladura de un limón
- Add the yogurt cheese, cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon and orange zests.
- Add the orange and lemon zests, as well as the pepper and the vanilla.
- In a container, combine the syrup, Lime leaf, and zests of the lemon, orange, and lime.
- Add orange and lemon zests, rosemary, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, stock, orange juice and veal cheeks.
- A day in advance, put the citrus zests, juice, sherry and brandy in a bowl to soak.
- Stir in the honey, tea, and zests until well combined.
- Whisk in cream, egg yolks, lemon zest, orange peel, almond extract and salt.
- The skins and zest were peeled and the clementines were sectioned.
- Place the orange zest, juice and lemon juice in a measuring jug.
- Place a portion of the salad on top and garnish with the julienned lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, and parsley and season with black pepper.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Place the polenta, flour, sugar and lemon zest in a food processor with a pinch of salt.
- The vanilla can be replaced by either lemon or orange zest.
- Add the sugar then blitz for a minute or two until you can barely see the orange and lemon zest.
- In a double boiler, whisk the lemon zest, juice, egg yolks, and half the sugar.
- For the lemon and caper sauce, on a cutting board, mince the lemon zest and capers and set aside.
- Peel some strips of the lemon and lime zest using the swivel peeler.
- Place flour, icing sugar and orange zest in a food processor and process until ingredients are combined.
- Combine olives with garlic, walnuts, rosemary, thyme, orange zest and lemon juice.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!