The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de zulú
1(person)zulú masculino, femenino
- But once again, neither the Zulus nor the Plains Indians had artillery.
- Wars against the Zulus in South Africa or against the Chinese in Indo-China seemed to be merely a waste of money and troops, with no clear European pay-off.
- The Ndebeles consider themselves part of the Zulu nation and would ideally like to break away and form a new country with the Zulus in South Africa.
- For thousands of years, warriors, such as the Vikings, Zulus, Native Americans, Samurai and many others, have followed a tradition of decorating their instruments of war.
- The British endured similar military embarrassment at the hands of Indians, Afghans, Zulus and Boers.
- The Ngoni, originally from South Africa, escaped from the Boers and Zulus and settled in Eastern Zambia.
- The Matabeles are an off-shoot of the once mighty Zulus who conquered most of southern Africa in the early 19th Century.
- The resurgence of traditional practices is confirmation that like the other native communities of Africa, the Zulus feel renewed pride in their history and culture.
- Thank you to all my thousands of supporters, my people, all the farmers and all the Tswanas and Zulus who love me.
- This battle, pitting the British against the native Zulus, has been thoroughly analyzed throughout the years.
- The great rivals to the Shonas are the Ndebeles, who are offshoots of the Zulus.
- The effect is, as his guitarist Xola Nkabinde admits, ‘Johnny Clegg knows more about Zulu custom than many urban Zulus today’.
- The Zulus, nonetheless, remained a potent force, defeating the British in the historic battle of Isandhlwana before themselves being finally conquered in 1879.
- Under his leadership in the 1840s, the Swazis expanded their territory to the Northwest and stabilized the southern frontier with the Zulus.
- The Zulus recognize the existence of a supreme being.
- While intergroup tensions over resources, entitlements, and political dominance remain, those conflicts are as likely to pit Zulu against Zulu as Zulu against Xhosa or African against Afrikaner.
- The romance of Mpondo history - or that of the Sotho or Xhosa or Zulu - was that they retained some of their land and their culture.
- Google's pages are available in dozens of languages (including Zulu, Xhosa, Esperanto, Klingon, and Pig Latin).
- One year I had a class of very diverse cultures with some children speaking Xhosa, Zulu, Tswane, Afrikaans and even French.
- This is the opposite of the increasing standardization of the languages of Xhosa and Zulu, which occurred through missionary activity and later state controls.
- South Africa is in fact a countries of minorities, and those who speak Afrikaans are almost as numerous as those that speak the two largest of the black languages, Xhosa and Zulu.
- It is a Bantu language closely related to Zulu, Swazi, and Ndebele.
- The official language is English, but most people speak Sesotho or Zulu.
- To add to that she has very little or no knowledge of Zulu or Xhosa, languages which Mafikizolo uses.
- In the new South Africa, television broadcasts can be heard in the most prevalent languages: English, Sotho, Xhosa, Zulu, and Afrikaans.
- The leaflets have been published in seven of the eleven official language, namely: Afrikaans, Tsonga, Sesotho, Zulu, English, Venda and Xhosa.
- But quite rightly, within their families the proud Afrikaners will maintain their traditions, and their language will take its place alongside Zulu, Xhosa, Venda, and all the other tribal languages.
- Performed in Zulu, Afrikaans, English and Xhosa, each performer speaks in his or her native language.
- Speaking in Zulu, Zuma explained the judicial process to the crowd, saying he was going to the high court and would appreciate their continued support.
- He spoke in a relaxed tone about his life in exile in South Africa, saying he fills his days with reading and writing… and learning Zulu in a show of gratitude to his hosts.
- ‘Lyrically dangerous’ is how he refers to himself as he tells his story in a mix of Tsotsi-taal, Zulu, Afrikaans and English words.
- Users can currently create stories in English, Afrikaans and Zulu, but the package has been developed in a way that allows other languages to be added in the future.
- Bailey answered in Zulu to make the point that English is as impenetrable for a Zulu speaker as Zulu is for an English speaker.
- The addition of Mozambican vocalist Jaco Maria added a flamboyant dimension to the skilled band with lyrics in Shope, Portuguese, Bitonga, English and Zulu.
- All the music is organically co-written and sung in Zulu, English and Fanigalo (urban slang).
- In addition to Swahili, Hausa, Gikuyu and Zulu are being taught as departmental offerings.
- It would be almost simultaneous translation between French and English, and then into Zulu and Soga.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!