What Is The Origin Of "Sleep Tight"?
phraseSouth African, Australian, New Zealand informal
Used to emphasize something very bad or great.‘we had to walk a hang of a long way’
- ‘That makes a hang of a difference to what we do.’
- ‘I sent this fellow along to him and he reported back that David was a hang of a nice chap.’
- ‘The Government should learn how to manage its workload a hang of a lot better than it has managed it over the last 4 years.’
- ‘Ive actually been doing a hang of a lot of things.’
- ‘I don't think you can fix the whole thing, but we can do a hang of a lot better than we're doing now.’