What Is The Origin Of "Sleep Tight"?
Not at all easy to understand.‘what the statement really means is still as clear as mud’
obscure, unclear, dense, uncertain, indeterminate, mysterious, puzzling, perplexing, baffling, mystifying, confusing, enigmatic, inexplicable, unexplained, concealed, hidden, unfathomable, incomprehensible, impenetrable, vague, ambiguous, Delphic, indefinite, indistinct, hazy, foggy, nebulous, equivocal, doubtful, dubious, oblique, elliptical, oracular, cryptic, deep, abstruse, recondite, arcane, esoteric, recherchéView synonyms
- ‘As I suspected, all is clear as mud at this point.’
- ‘The next steps are clear as mud.’
- ‘The strangely murky waters of the UK's broadband market were stirred up once again last week, making things clear as mud, as usual.’
- ‘It was just clear as mud to me, and I was hoping you could help me with it later on.’
- ‘On the flip side, some parts of the plot that aren't explained still seem to be vital to the story, so several chapters are clear as mud.’