What Is The Origin Of "Sleep Tight"?
Intoxicated with drugs or alcohol.
stupefied, insensible, befuddledView synonyms
- ‘One day I'd be high as a kite, unnaturally happy, but this was always followed by two weeks of staring at my feet.’
- ‘I was high as a kite - it was like I'd had a load of drugs.’
- ‘After taking a post-gig bow and being cheered from the stage by his adoring public, Elmo unwound in the upstairs bar, still high as a kite following his triumph.’
- ‘The White Stripes don't sound so bad when you're high as a kite.’
- ‘Early one morning they drive away from the club, with Annabel high as a kite in the back seat, and crash the car.’
- ‘When I'm high as a kite, I sometimes feel like I am so damn hot that everybody in the world wants to have sex with me.’
- ‘She's clearly high as a kite and in desperate need of medication, but he keeps on filming.’
- ‘What this learned and articulate man proposed was a kind of ‘Chemical Olympics’, in which anyone - as high as a kite or otherwise - could legitimately compete.’
- ‘Her parties were in famous for being an opportunity to get drunk out of your mind and as high as a kite.’
- ‘Judging from his jerky motions and his giddy expression, he is still as high as a kite on adrenaline.’