What Is The Origin Of "Sleep Tight"?
Completely insane; crazy.‘of late, he has been behaving in a manner that suggests he's as mad as a box of frogs’
insane, mentally ill, certifiable, deranged, demented, of unsound mind, out of one's mind, not in one's right mind, sick in the head, not together, crazy, crazed, lunatic, non compos mentis, unbalanced, unhinged, unstable, disturbed, distracted, stark mad, manic, frenzied, raving, distraught, frantic, hysterical, delirious, psychotic, psychopathic, mad as a hatter, mad as a March hare, away with the fairies, foaming at the mouthView synonyms
- ‘The real Tara is as mad as a box of frogs, a bit eccentric, very childlike, but intelligent with a good brain—I just don't always use it.’
- ‘He seems able to frighten the life out of MPs and really does come across as being as mad as a box of frogs.’
- ‘My fish is as mad as a box of Frogs, he just swims at top speed around the tank and then lies shagged out on the bottom for ages.’
- ‘Your eccentric behaviour is regarded as a sign of creative literary genius: anyone else is just as mad as a box of frogs.’
- ‘I wish she would retire from the public eye, be elusive, continue to cultivate the mad as a box of frogs image by all means, but stop talking and concentrate on the singing.’