What Is The Origin Of "Sleep Tight"?
- ‘Debbie, the youngest daughter of drunkard Frank Smith, is as nutty as a fruitcake and totally unpredictable - a bit like the rest of the Smith clan.’
- ‘Only 16.7 percent of them are non compos mentis, or, in football terms, nutty as a fruitcake.’
- ‘He was a man who was a wise as a venerable oak to some and as nutty as a fruitcake to others.’
- ‘Eugene O'Neill, in his 1914 play, The Movie Man, coined a memorable simile: ‘We sure are as nutty as a fruitcake or we wouldn't be here.’’
- ‘She also said that after working in entertainment for 42 years, ‘there's no way you can do that and not be as nutty as a fruitcake.’’