Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
- another term for ALS‘Onset of nerve-cell damage in rats from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis - Lou Gehrig's disease - has been delayed by injection of stem cells.’
- ‘The researchers also speculated that disturbances in p53 may also play a role in some forms of Parkinson's disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig's disease.’
- ‘Motor Neuron Disease is known in Canada and in the United States as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Lou Gehrig's disease.’
- ‘Two percent of patients with myasthenia gravis or Lou Gehrig's disease can arrive at clinic with neck weakness but the other problems of these diseases soon begin.’
- ‘Also called Lou Gehrig's disease, ALS is a progressive, fatal neurological disease affecting as many as 20,000 Americans, with 5,000 new cases occurring in the United States each year.’
1940s named after H. L. Gehrig (see Gehrig, Lou).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips