Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
nounplural noun Oreos
1US Trademark A brand of chocolate sandwich cookie with a creamy white filling.‘For dessert we both had this concoction involving Oreo cookies and ice cream.’
- ‘Yesterday I had a half a package of Oreos with chocolate creme filling.’
- ‘I was trying to drown my sorrows in Oreos and chocolate milk.’
- ‘These quarter-sized versions of Oreos - crispy chocolate cookies with sugared-lard white filling - are both familiar and tasty.’
- ‘‘Lets get a snack first,’ he said heading towards the kitchen, ‘Chocolate chip or Oreo?’’
- 1.1 informal, derogatory An African American who is seen, especially by other black people, as wishing to be part of the white establishment.
Early 20th century invented name.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips