Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
Relating to the Rastafarian religious movement.
- ‘There are about 800,000 Rastas and Rasta supporters in the United States, about 80,000 of whom live in Brooklyn.’
- ‘Bob Marley was a devout Rasta, as many of his songs revealed.’
- ‘The Rastas then were a group of street preachers who taught the Bible and smoked marijuana.’
- ‘The basic belief of a Rasta is to uphold the truth and defend good over evil, to do the will of God here on earth.’
- ‘The British Virgin Islands in 1980 banned Rastas from setting foot in the territory.’
1950s short for Rastafarian.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips