A woman who is engaged in the full-time care of her child or children and does not go out to work.‘I'm a SAHM with two young kids’
- ‘My sister (unmarried and pregnant at 20) is married to a wonderful man, now has two children, an undergraduate degree and is a very involved SAHM.’
- ‘Do a career layout (if you are a SAHM or Grandma, that is a career!)’
- ‘I have met SAHMs via baby swimming, baby gymclass, the toy library, playgrounds, my own gym, etc.’
- ‘My own mother was a SAHM and I love her for it.’
- ‘I am a SAHM by choice and proud!’
1990s abbreviation of stay-at-home mom or stay-at-home mother.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips