Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
(especially as a direction) at the previous or original tempo.‘the first few statements of the main melody are played a tempo’
- ‘The third and fourth movements were taken at a rather quick tempo altogether, with the furtive cello melody at the beginning played a tempo each time.’
- ‘These were played a tempo and quite speedily.’
- ‘The second theme, introduced by the cellos, is played a tempo.’
- ‘Performers who play every note a tempo and with the same emphasis sound mechanical.’
- ‘The ‘tutti’ that follows is also marked ‘a tempo’.’
Performed at the previous or original tempo.
- ‘his chief want is the want of fire and energetic accent, and also of steady a tempo movement’
Italian, literally ‘in time’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips