Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The quantity of ionizing radiation absorbed by a body, measured (usually in grays) as the energy absorbed per unit mass.
- ‘The severity of symptoms depends on the absorbed dose of radiation by the exposed area of the body.’
- ‘The dose equivalent in rems is numerically equal to the absorbed dose in rads multiplied by the quality factor, which, for most medical radiation, is one.’
- ‘The corresponding absorbed dose from photons released in the BNC reaction is considered to be negligible as calculated by Monte Carlo code MCNP4C.’
- ‘Manufacturers hope to better understand the distribution of the absorbed dose within products of heterogeneous density when the products are exposed to ionizing radiation in an industrial irradiator.’
- ‘When this happens, your risk of thyroid cancer developing years later is slightly increased, in proportion to the absorbed dose of radioiodine.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips