Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A radical formed by the removal of hydrogen ions from an acid.
- ‘The amino acid radical thus formed may react with a neighboring cytosine and lead to the formation of a cross-link.’
- ‘Elucidating the behavior of amino acid radicals has major implications in biochemistry and medicinal chemistry.’
- ‘Anionic dyes are those with one or more acid radicals, in most cases sulfonic acid radicals.’
- ‘A monoglyceride, or monoacylglycerol, has only one fatty acid radical per molecule of glycerol.’
- ‘Hydrogen ions in an acid solution are not free; they are always mated with negative acid radicals.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips