Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in herbal medicine) a natural substance considered to help the body adapt to stress.
- ‘Ginseng is one of several herbs that fall into the category of adaptogens, substances that help the body adapt to different types of stress, be it from exercise, work or keeping your spouse happy.’
- ‘Tonic herbs, or adaptogens, help the body resist and recover from stress and can increase energy, vitality and sexual vigor.’
- ‘Oils act as natural balancers, or adaptogens, which will instigate reactions in the body so a state of homeostasis is achieved.’
- ‘Based on the proposed mechanism of action and available experimental data, Rhodiola rosea appears to offer an advantage over other adaptogens in circumstances of acute stress.’
- ‘Plant adaptogens cause our physiology to begin the adaptation process to stress.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips