Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A computer program that caches advertising on personal computers from an Internet-connected server and then displays the advertising when certain linked programs are being used.
- ‘Many programs that surreptitiously access the Internet - such as ‘adbots’ - go undetected by users.’
- ‘If you have a couple of adbots loaded onto your computer, you usually won't experience many problems.’
- ‘Secondly, I knew that sooner or later the adbots would find the forum and I'd have to close it down anyway.’
- ‘This is primarily for advertising purposes and some adbots will also retrieve and display ads on your system based on the information that they have sent out.’
- ‘When you reconnect to the Internet, the adbot sends what is called a ‘backchannel report’ detailing which banners were displayed.’
Blend of ad(vertising) and (ro)bot.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips