Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(especially of body tissue) used for the storage of fat.
fatty, oily, fat, swimming in fat, swimming in oil, buttery, oleaginous
- ‘Subcutaneous adipose tissue and skeletal muscle mass, however, were the same in both groups.’
- ‘We measured the circumference of the waist and hips, and we analysed subcutaneous abdominal adipose tissue by gas chromatography for fatty acids.’
- ‘The weight of the abdominal viscera and adipose tissue pressed on the diaphragm, resulting in decreased chest volume.’
- ‘The infiltrate was seen deep, involving the skeletal muscle and adipose tissue.’
- ‘Storage in adipose tissue may be protective because pesticide levels in the brain are minimized.’
Mid 18th century from modern Latin adiposus, from adeps, adip- ‘fat’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips