Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A hormone secreted by the pituitary gland and stimulating the adrenal cortex.
- ‘Your pituitary gland, located at the base of your brain, responds to a perceived threat by stepping up its release of adrenocorticotropic hormone, which signals other glands to produce additional hormones.’
- ‘An adrenocorticotropic hormone stimulation test can be administered if clinically warranted.’
- ‘This lesion has been shown to respond to elevated levels of adrenocorticotropic hormone and to regress with cortisone.’
- ‘According to the guideline, adrenocorticotropic hormone is probably effective for the short-term treatment of infantile spasms.’
- ‘The targeting of adrenocorticotropic hormone suggests that stress may trigger the auto-immune response.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips