Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A structure with curved surfaces designed to give the most favourable ratio of lift to drag in flight, used as the basic form of the wings, fins, and tailplanes of most aircraft.
- ‘This is an admirable compendium of the mathematical theories of the aerodynamics of aerofoils and wings.’
- ‘As you move forward, the wing inflates into an aerofoil section above your head.’
- ‘Leonardo later realized the inadequacy of the power a man could generate and turned his attention to aerofoils.’
- ‘The crimping does not show in the aerofoil - at all.’
- ‘It features three large aerofoil shaped stainless steel pillars rising to a height of 3m.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips