Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
(especially as a direction) in an agitated manner.‘the pianist plays the chords agitato’
- ‘The same goes for the Allegretto fantastico which is also quite ravishing and all is rounded off in a Molto allegro agitato that brings the work to an extremely satisfying conclusion.’
- ‘The long middle movement, marked allegro agitato, and associated by Bloch with Yom Kippur, has an intense and clamorous opening but the mood alternated between that and pensive intervals.’
- ‘The Allegro agitato is a study in broken symmetry.’
- ‘The sheer tempestuousness with which Burstein attacked the furious cascade of notes in the Presto agitato brought Beethoven's music right into the 21st century.’
- ‘Strindberg's stage directions instruct the mother to listen agitatedly to the Fantaisie-Impromptu, matching the agitato marking of the music.’
Played in an agitated manner.
- ‘the agitato section in the middle is remarkably inspiring’
Italian, literally ‘agitated’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips