1The buttock or rump bone of cattle.
- ‘It also contains aitchbone and a fat covering on the outer muscle.’
- ‘The bone at the sirloin end - the aitchbone - can be removed by the butcher, which makes carving the complicated lamb leg much easier.’
- ‘Cut along a line following the line of the aitchbone and through the ball and socket. Remove the aitchbone.’
- ‘The aitchbone may be cut in a fully automatic operation performed when the carcass is suspended on overhead rails.’
- 1.1A cut of beef lying over the aitchbone.
- ‘Terrine of aitchbone and vegetables at a selection of season salads and filled horseradish crêpe’
- ‘Organic Beef Aitchbone Joint.’
- ‘He also promised that he would get an aitchbone of beef for all the family weddings.’
- ‘I find aitchbone or topside good enough.’
- ‘To slice, cut parallel to the aitchbone on a diagonal.’
- ‘Technical service supervisors pull 10 samples from the conveyor hourly and measure them on each side for length of shoulder scribe, rib scribe, neck bone and aitchbone.’
- ‘The aitchbone forms part of the silverside and contains the tail-bone.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips