Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A type of assault rifle originally manufactured in the Soviet Union.
- ‘The weapon was developed for motorized infantry, adopted for service with the Soviet Army in 1949 and designated the AK-47.’
- ‘'I sleep sound,' AK-47 inventor says as rifle turns 60’
- ‘Cradling the latest model of his "creative genius" in Moscow on Friday, the inventor of the AK-47 told reporters at the 60th anniversary of the world's most famous assault rifle that his conscience is clear.’
- ‘The amazing, continued escalation of AK47 hype has certainly not gone away.’
- ‘The AK47 has the established and well-deserved reputation as perhaps the most reliable battle rifle ever manufactured.’
1970s abbreviation of Russian Avtomat Kalashnikov 1947, the designation of the original model designed by Mikhail T. Kalashnikov (1919–2013).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips