Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Small meatballs, prepared in the Mexican, Spanish, or South American way.
- ‘The agreeable garlicky, parsley-flecked lamb and pork albondigas (meat balls) were let down by a sharp tomato sauce, dominated by dried herbs, possibly oregano.’
- ‘Then it's home again, and time to relive the magic of the tapas bar with albondigas in a stew of tomatoes and onions with chickpeas, and a bottle of Rioja.’
- ‘And I'll let you in on a little secret: Without cumin, it's not albondigas.’
- ‘For the albondigas: Place a small saute pan over medium heat and add the oil.’
- ‘The ubiquitous albondigas, the ever-present boquerones, the dreary old patates bravas, but Seville is an honourable exception to a sad trend.’
Spanish, from Arabic al-bunduq ‘hazel nut’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips