Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A rapid growth of microscopic algae or cyanobacteria in water, often resulting in a coloured scum on the surface.
- ‘That could reduce the invertebrates' predation on algae at the surface, potentially leading to algal blooms and poor water quality.’
- ‘Blue-green algal bloom forms on the surface of water when there are high levels of nutrients present, combined with warm, sunny and calm conditions.’
- ‘He says this leads to algal blooms and massive seaweed growth, which ends up on the beach, attracting flies.’
- ‘It is almost impossible to fish the Lancaster Canal between The Bridges due to a surface algal bloom and weed.’
- ‘This subsequently causes the growth of algal blooms, which remove oxygen.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips