Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A key on a keyboard which, when pressed simultaneously with another key, gives the latter an alternative function.
- ‘Simply press the Alt key on your keyboard and use your mouse to click on any word or name, and Answers.com will provide you with the necessary information.’
- ‘Ok, press and hold the Control Key… now, the Alt key… now, tap the Delete key.’
- ‘Should the Taskbar not be visible, with the Alt key pressed, repeatedly press the Tab key until Internet Explorer is the active window, you should then be able to close it.’
- ‘To move a theme around on your desktop, hold down the Alt key, left-click with the mouse and drag the theme to wherever you want it located on your desktop.’
- ‘While connected to the Internet, you hold down the Alt key when clicking on a word in any Windows program.’
1960s abbreviation of alt(ernative) key.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips