Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A generator that produces an alternating current.
- ‘These oscillating sound waves in the traveling-wave engine drive the piston of a linear alternator that generates electricity.’
- ‘The charging voltage delivered from the alternator will then be too low, slowing the recharge process and often preventing a full recharge even after a long period of engine operation.’
- ‘A new, stone-faced slate-roofed building will be created to house a power-generating turbine along with an alternator and electrical control panels connecting the power supply with United Utilities.’
- ‘You commonise parts such as batteries and alternators, not things the customer can see, like the window switches.’
- ‘The more copper and iron in the alternator, the less heat is generated, and more kilovolt amperes are capable of being produced.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips