Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An organic compound derived from ammonia by replacement of one or more hydrogen atoms by organic groups.
- ‘Ammonia and the organic amines, molecules in which one or more of the hydrogen atoms of ammonia are replaced by organic groups, are weak bases.’
- ‘Primary amides are prepared by reacting ammonia or amines with acid chlorides, anhydrides, or esters.’
- ‘The early coordination compounds prepared using ammonia were metal amines.’
- ‘In the production of nylon an amine reacts with a carboxylic acid.’
- ‘The reaction between the aldehyde and the organic amine or polyamine is usually conducted in the presence of an inert solvent.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips