Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An antidepressant drug of the tricyclic group, with a mild tranquilizing action.
- ‘Tricyclic antidepressants, including amitriptyline, can cause weight gain, drowsiness, and anticholinergic symptoms.’
- ‘The most useful drugs are anticonvulsants, especially gabapentin and carbamazepine, and tricyclic antidepressants, especially amitriptyline.’
- ‘Of the tricyclic antidepressants, amitriptyline appears to be the most efficacious in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy when compared to placebo.’
- ‘For example, the anti-depressant drug amitriptyline has been shown to help prevent some chronic headaches when taken in small doses (lower than that used to treat depression) before going to bed every night.’
- ‘Tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline and desipramine, have shown excellent pain control.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips