Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
- ‘Diabetic amyotrophy, also known as femoral neuropathy or proximal motor neuropathy, usually is bilateral and frequently is associated with weight loss.’
- ‘In addition, recent biopsy studies indicate that diabetic amyotrophy is due to microvasculitis in the lumbosacral plexus.’
- ‘Neuralgic amyotrophy, also known as brachial plexus neuropathy, has an incidence of 1.64 per 100 000 people.’
- ‘Sensory neuropathies can be classified as distal symmetric polyneuropathy, focal neuropathy, and diabetic amyotrophy.’
- ‘The disorder is characterized clinically by amyotrophy and segmented sensory loss and pathologically by cavitation of central parts of the spinal canal that results in changes in direction and freedom of flow of cerebral spinal fluid.’
Late 19th century from a-‘not’ + Greek mus, muo- ‘muscle’ + Greek trophē ‘nourishment’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips