Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Displaying abnormal aggressive and destructive tendencies supposedly caused by fixation at the anal stage of development.
- ‘Powerful erotic fantasies of an anal-sadistic character surrounded the image of the Presidential contender.’
- ‘Their interest in chess was strongly linked to the character traits and most of them were of the anal-sadistic type.’
- ‘In addition to the oral, anal-sadistic, and ego stages, there are the phallic and genital stages, corresponding to adolescence and puberty.’
- ‘The initial defense is to the anal-sadistic level, but the impulses at this level are also intolerable and must be warded-off - by reaction formation, isolation, and undoing.’
- ‘The novel offers a story of compulsive, anal-sadistic pursuit set in a world in which ice is slowly but inexorably taking over the planet.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips