Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A collection of short literary or philosophical extracts.
collection, selection, anthology, treasury, compendium, album, corpus, miscellany, pot-pourri
- ‘The analects said ‘Peace is vital,’ which reminds me all the time that co-operation with the staff and solidarity are the essence of the success.’
- ‘However many other philosophers and religious figures have used analects to a lesser extent.’
- ‘Read and share with the class the information in the background information about the time in which the analects were written.’
- ‘His teachings, preserved in the lunyu or analects, form the foundation of much of the subsequent Chinese speculation on the education and comportment of the ideal man.’
- ‘Anyways, here are some analects I liked.’
Late Middle English via Latin from Greek analekta ‘things gathered up’, from analegein ‘pick up’, from ana- ‘up’ + legein ‘gather’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips