Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A port on the Adriatic coast of central Italy, capital of Marche region; population 102,047 (2008).
A chicken of a breed with black-and-white mottled plumage.
- ‘Originally known as Black Leghorns, Anconas have lustrous black feathers, some tipped with white, giving a beautiful mottled appearance.’
- ‘As well as individual success for the Ancona, Mr Addison's birds also won a string of prizes at the Staffordshire show in classes for Old English Game bantams, pullets and Weaten hens.’
- ‘The Ancona originated near the city of Ancona, Italy, from early Leghorns and other breeds.’
- ‘The Ancona's feathers are black, some being tipped white, giving the bird a pretty mottled appearance.’
- ‘Anconas are a little heavier than Leghorns and lay good sized white eggs.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips