Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
A male sex hormone, such as testosterone.
- ‘Male steroid sex hormones, androgens, are produced in the testes.’
- ‘This means that it interferes with some of the actions of androgens (male sex hormones) within the body.’
- ‘Thus, fasciculata and reticularis cells can make corticosteroids and the adrenal androgens, but not aldosterone.’
- ‘Acne commonly begins in adolescence with stimulation of the sebaceous glands by sex hormones, primarily androgens.’
- ‘Steroid hormones - including estrogens, progesterones, and androgens - modify the growth of certain hormone-dependent cancers.’