Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of insects or other animals) frequenting flowers.
- ‘The elongate, loose inflorescence usually bears 4 10 brilliantly rose-coloured flowers which completely lack nectar or other food for anthophilous insects and thus act by deceit.’
- ‘This foraging profile overlapped with those of all anthophilous insect families, all bee subgenera, and all species of nectarivorous birds that were encountered.’
- ‘However, anthophilous birds appeared to mostly forage higher in the trees and probably consumed more nectar from, and provided more pollination services to, flowers higher in the trees.’
- ‘Adults of some Dolichopodinae have elongate mouthparts and are known to be anthophilous and feed on nectar.’
- ‘At least seventy-one families of Diptera contain anthophilous species, and flies are pollinators of more than eleven hundred species.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips