Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
- another term for archaebacteria‘Unlike bacteria and archaea, eukaryotes have their DNA in linear pieces that are bound up with special proteins to make chromosomes.’
- ‘Marine plants literally live in a sea of bacteria, archaea, viruses, and fungi - some of which are bound to be pathogenic - yet they seldom get sick.’
- ‘Bacteria and archaea often clone themselves, trade genes, and in some cases the microbes even merge together into a giant mass of DNA that then gives rise to spores.’
- ‘Over the past three decades, bacteria and archaea have been found in some of the most inhospitable places on Earth.’
- ‘Participants will also focus on a class of microbes known as the archaea, which literally means ‘ancient.’’
Modern Latin (plural), from Greek arkhaios ‘primitive’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips