Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
A sac, typically cylindrical in shape, in which the spores of ascomycete fungi develop.
- ‘Hymenium - the spore-bearing layer of a fruiting body, containing asci, spores and paraphyses.’
- ‘Spores were liberated from asci, and vegetative cells were killed, by treatment with glusulase and ethanol.’
- ‘When mature, a perithecium contains several hundred asci that are ejected by turgor pressure.’
- ‘Fully developed ascospores within intact asci could be identified by their red pigmentation.’
- ‘No mutants had significant numbers of asci with more than four spores.’
Mid 19th century modern Latin, from Greek askos ‘bag’.