Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1North American An apartment occupied by a bachelor.
- 1.1An apartment consisting of a single large room serving as bedroom and living room, with a separate bathroom.‘I wondered if I would feel any different if I really were single, with no place but a bachelor apartment to return to at the end of my trip.’
- ‘On September 24, Meader received a call stating she could not move into the bachelor apartment until September 26 and was expected to pay another $150 for April's rent.’
- ‘But the average rent for a bachelor apartment in Calgary is $509 a month.’
- ‘Stepping into my bachelor apartment, I walked into the small but bright kitchen and threw the contents of the mail box on the green counter top.’
- ‘Andrew and Flynn sat slumped on the sofa in Andrew's bachelor apartment, neither really watching the program on TV.’
- 1.1An apartment consisting of a single large room serving as bedroom and living room, with a separate bathroom.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips