Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of growth or development) downwards towards the base or point of attachment.
- ‘Expression of the DXR gene in adaxial phloem parenchyma cells was more pronounced in the young revoluted base of the leaves with a basipetal gradient decreasing toward the tips of older leaves.’
- ‘Lateral view of young inflorescence with basipetal initiation of flowers in the axil of bracts.’
- ‘Ellipsoidal microconidia and falcate macroconidia are formed from phialides by basipetal division; globose chlamydospores with thick walls are formed acrogenously from hyphae or by the modification of hyphal cells.’
- ‘We also show that cellular responses are propagated in a basipetal direction in P. rhoeas pollen tubes.’
- ‘Alterations of the actin cytoskeleton and arrest of cytoplasmic streaming induced by the SI reaction are propagated in a basipetal direction in the tubular cell.’
- 1.1(of the movement of dissolved substances) inwards from the shoot and root apices.
- ‘In every case, the basipetal movement was greater than the acropetal movement.’
- ‘From there they will flow to other parts of the shoot in both basipetal and acropetal directions.’
- ‘However, a continuous basipetal transport of auxin from the shoot to the rooting zone (upper part taproot) is required for adventious root formation.’
- ‘Furthermore, in both animals and plants, gradients of growth factors are established, in plants by basipetal auxin transport, inducing and controlling vascular differentiation.’
- ‘In the apical area 10-20 m from the apex, movement of the larger organelles slowed down slightly, before they were transported back in a basipetal direction resuming the same speed as before.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips