Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1A person's mouth.
- ‘he couldn't keep his big bazoo shut’
- ‘I am Senator Henry Ashurst of Arizona, and I am opposed to office holders who go to and return from Europe shooting off their bazoos about how Europe should be run.’
- ‘When you have nothing sensible or helpful to say, keep your bazoos shut!’
2A person's buttocks or anus.
backside, bottom, behind, seat, rump, rear, rear end, cheeks, hindquarters, haunches
- ‘If you believe that literally, you've got naivety out the bazoo.’
- ‘You have talent out the bazoo!’
Late 19th century of unknown origin; compare with Dutch bazuin ‘trombone, trumpet’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips