Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
nounbergiesSouth African informal
- ‘Two Bergies slept in the front garden outside our bedroom window Saturday night.’
- ‘There has been an increase in vagrants and Bergies and huge antisocial behaviour.’
- ‘This is the first ever documentary about the Bergies, a unique homeless community living on the streets of Cape Town, South Africa.’
- ‘The term Bergie originates from the Berg, and has connotations, according to prejudice, that Bergies are members of hillbilly clans.’
- ‘His acclaimed debut as documentary director/producer, The Bergies of Cape Town, achieved international success, and was described as ‘magnificent.’’
From Dutch berg ‘mountain’ + the informal suffix -ie.