Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A devotional song.
- ‘Singing of devotional songs like bhajans has been one of the significant ceremonials at temples and other religious congregations.’
- ‘The cassette, which has 10 bhajans and songs, is the result of music therapy which her parents started on her at the age of four.’
- ‘He makes a living by teaching affluent housewives in Bombay how to sing devotional bhajans and ghazals.’
- ‘Children will go around the Kapali temple singing songs and bhajans to begin the New Year.’
- ‘Today, right now, any time, you can tune in to the best of India's bhajans and discourses in the comfort and convenience of your own home on your own TV.’
From Sanskrit bhajana, from bhaj ‘to honour, adore’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips